WHO IS WONDERFUL?
Wonderful Real Estate (WRE) is a developer of industrial real estate solutions for a broad range of corporate users.
We’re part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $4 billion+ company owned by Stewart and Lynda Resnick. The Resnicks have more than 30 years of experience buying, managing, and developing commercial real estate. Their operating businesses grow, harvest, bottle, package, and market a diverse range of healthy consumer products, including: nuts, citrus fruits, water, wines, and juices. The Wonderful Company is one of the largest employers in Kern Country with over 7,300 seasonal and full-time employees throughout the Central Valley.
Over the past five years, WRE has invested more than $700 million in capital projects related to food and beverage processing and warehousing facilities for our own operating businesses, as well as industrial facilities for a broad range of third-party clients in the oil and gas and distribution and logistics industries.
We have strong relationships and partnerships with national, regional, and local contractors and real estate professionals, such as: Millie & Severson, Oltmans, Wallace & Smith, RGA Architects, JLL, and Colliers International.
CAPABILITIES & PORTFOLIO
We have also developed specialized build-to-suit facilities for a wide variety of third-party users, including:
- American Tire Distributors (distribution and logistics)
- Hillman Fasteners (distribution and logistics)
- CHEP (pallet repair and manufacturing facility)
- United Rentals (equipment rental)
- Schlumberger (oilfield services)
- Williams Scotsman (oilfield and construction services)
- Precision Pump (industrial equipment)
In addition to WIP, we are also developing North Meadows Business Park and CrossRoads Business Park
We have a broad ability to design, develop and construct facilities for our affiliated operating businesses, as demonstrated by our large portfolio of projects developed by our capital projects group over the past ten years, which include:
- Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds nut processing facility in Lost Hills
- Wonderful Citrus Halos plant in Delano
- JUSTIN Wine production facility expansion in Paso Robles
- JUSTIN Wine Tasting Room renovation in Paso Robles
- Suterra headquarters in Oregon
- WRE has a streamlined underwriting and deal-negotiation process with very few layers of bureaucracy:
- Our “investment committee” is comprised of the company owner.
- We use in-house legal, finance, capital projects and property management resources to provide world-class service and responsiveness.
- We utilize our own capital resources and typically finance projects directly from The Wonderful Company’s balance sheet, further streamlining the execution process.
- We operate based on a few critical ideals:
- We focus on our clients and provide the best solutions for their specific needs.
- There are no cookie-cutter deals—every project is unique and requires a thoughtful approach.
- We create long-term, trusted relationships with our clients; we are trustworthy and our word is our bond.
A FIRM HANDSHAKE PUTS US INTO ACTION
We believe that a strong handshake secures a person's word. With deep roots in the farming community, we're a bit more traditional than others. We believe in strong relationships with our clients, communities, partners, and team.
RELATIONSHIPS ARE THE KEY TO SUCCESS
Whether it’s with our brokers, contractors, customers, or the city, we believe a strong relationship will secure a successful future for all involved.
HIGH PERFORMANCE BRINGS YOU TO MARKET
With the assurance of quality, speed, efficiency, and innovation, and all decision makers rolled into one office, we deliver certainty of execution in the shortest amount of time.
A THRIVING COMMUNITY IS THE BACKBONE OF OUR OPERATIONS
We take an active role in investing in the communities where we live and work through working to relieve hunger, investing in education, and giving back to local charities.
WE BELIEVE OUR BUSINESSES ARE AS STRONG AS THE COMMUNITY
Wonderful is passionate about sustainability, social responsibility and philanthropy –for our employees, our communities, and consumers, around the world. We take an active role in supporting our communities.
WE ARE BUILDING A LEGACY IN OUR COMMUNITIES
Wonderful has owned its properties in the Central Valley for years, and plans to hold them for generations to come.
STRONG MUNICIPAL RELATIONSHIPS BENEFIT THE WHOLE
Strong relationships with city decision makers allow for expedited development processes in order to bring jobs and capital back into the city.
REVIVING A SMALL FARMING COMMUNITY
Our 2010 Central Valley Leadership Project revitalized the small town of Lost Hills, bringing new streets and sidewalks, a public park and community center, and high-speed Internet to the school.
SUSTAINABILITY EQUALS LONGEVITY
Sustainability is a top priority in our development process in order to create a premium product and a lasting economy.
WRE is now a member of USGBC (U.S. Green Building Council).
WE CONSERVE ENERGY
Through the use of energy-efficient materials, we are easing the burden on local power suppliers, while reducing fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
Wonderful develops each industrial property to CALGreen standards.
WE ARE LONG-TIME LAND STEWARDS
Wonderful’s agricultural heritage has led to a strong knowledge of land use and conservation that we implement in each of our industrial developments.
Joe Vargas, based in Bakersfield, joined Wonderful Real Estate in July 2017 as President of the Real Estate Development team.Read More
John Guinn, based in the Bakersfield office, is responsible for forward planning and the attainment of all entitlements.Read More
Jason Gremillion manages the daily operations of the Bakersfield office, and executes and oversees the pipeline of developments.Read More
Todd Bomberg helps manage daily operations at the Los Angeles office, and is responsible for spearheading commercial real estate acquisitions, the underwriting of commercial real estate development, and coordinating leasing and other asset management activities.Read More
Erin Poulson Morris, based in the Los Angeles office, is responsible for sourcing prospective tenants for build-to-suit, lease, and land sales of Wonderful Industrial Park, as well as other Wonderful commercial parks.Read More